Colleen Hock - Tiger's Quest

How I came across my book lover?
It's the second book of The tiger's curse series. Of course, I had to read it! Letting it go was out of the question.

Any regrets?
I'd only have regrets if I would have missed it reading. That'd have been a huge mistake. Believe me.

The show keeps rolling
Kelsey returns her plain life. And everything seems gray without Ren. I can only imagine. How obstinate that woman is! Calling him is a non-starter and denying her feelings makes it worse.
So what's her next step? Dating with other guys yep! They must be superheroes to uproot the memory of Ren. Lee, however, is quite a gentleman and I'd give everything if I could see their sweaty fight scene on the mat of his wushu studio...
But don't lie to ourselves his only problem is that he's not Ren. End of the story.
Though she still longs for him she doesn't let her stubborn heart to waver. What a self-destructive human being. It costs her happiness. Silly girl...

The perfect Christmas gift
"I was restless, a wild animal without . . . without his mate."

But ladies and ladies, the day has come when Ren's got back! I can't be mad at him despite the fact that it took too long he made up his mind and set out to fly after Kelsey, not to mention that I needed to wait tens of pages until he got back in the games. I wouldn't wish this kind of consuming suffering for my worst enemies.

In the next chapter of their scorching affair, Ren is expected to fight for the girl he loves just because Kelsey refuses to jump on him and beg him to stay with her forever. Nice.
Kelsey is a hell of a double agent because even if she plays the unapproachable, she can't hide the obvious that she'd rather escape to Las Vegas to secretly marry him. The wall built around her is effectively pulled down by hús charm once and for all. Cheers!

The recipe of Ren's charm (how he makes girls fall to his feet)
Look like a bronze-skinned blue-eyed semi-god descending directly from heaven.

Step 1

Say things like:
"You were on the other side of the world, but I often woke with the scent of you surrounding me. I ached for you, Kells."
"I’d dream of you and reach out to
touch you, but you were always just out of reach."

Step 2

Hide written notes at your place to convince you're in love with him:
"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."

Step 3

Make the girl beg for a kiss. Deities don't give it for free, you see.
The mix of aching-craving ingredients and voilà! Triple chocolate meltdown à la Ren.

Duty calls
Just as my head feels a complete buzz of pinky wing-fluttering butterflies then Bumm! The Eye has found them and I'm sorry to announce...Ren has been kidnapped. Parallel to Kell's emotions, I feel as devastated as she must be. But! The other golden-eyed kit-cat steps into his brother's shoes. What he hasn't suspected is that they're too big to full in. Mission impossible.

Frenzy with fear for Ren, she's resolute to find the other gift of Durga and in the meantime, she doesn't try hard to keep Kishan's impetuous endeavors at bay for my taste. No offense but Kishan falls behind Ren by a long shot even if he's a really good guy.
May I represent you myself as the Captain of Team Ren boat. Feel free to join the booklong cruise of heart-warming Ren-poems and Ren-flowers-of-speech and dedicated-to-Kelsey songs composed by Ren. Buck up since we're already pretty crowded on the deck.

Observation: I love to jump back into Indian traditions. A real culture shock and I don't even need to leave the country's borders. How convenient.

We are wandering among fairies and mythological creatures. My wildest dreams come to true as I can day-dream all day. Even if I actually miss sleep at night because I can't put my new BFF down ;)

Rating
11 out of 5

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Téma képeinek készítője: merrymoonmary. Üzemeltető: Blogger.